Arkansas Medical School Acceptance Rate article will give you details on the school establishment, acceptance rate, admission process, tuition fee, campuses, rank, scholarship and more.
Arkansas Medical School Overview
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), Located in Little Rock, Arkansas, established in 1879. It is part of the University of Arkansas System and consists of six(6) colleges, including the graduate school, several research centers, 7 institutes, a statewide network of community education centers, and the UAMS Medical Center.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Campuses
The University campus has more than 84 acres, all on Markham Street in Little Rock. Next to the campus to the south is the John L. McClellan Veterans Administration Hospital, which is part of the Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System. To the west are the Arkansas State Hospital grounds. Just south of the VA hospital is Interstate 630, a major east-west road through Little Rock.
The university possesses or leases several properties off-campus. This includes its eight regional centers, the Westmark building near their main campus, 11 locations across Arkansas of its Kids First pediatric day health clinics, the Westside Campus facility on the Arkansas Children’s Hospital campus, and a portion of the Freeway Medical building in Little Rock.
The UAMS has over two dozen single-family homes and several empty lots and parking lots immediately to the east of its main campus.
A 42,940-square-foot I. Dodd Wilson Education Building was finished in 2008 – including 14 25-seat classrooms, two 40-seat classrooms, and two 214-seat auditoriums.
A campus in Northwest Arkansas became operational in the 2009-2010 academic year in the former Washington Regional Medical Center hospital. The UAMS Northwest campus further expands UAMS student enrollment in medicine, pharmacy, nursing, and allied health.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) instituted two new buildings on the main campus in Little Rock: a new surgical hospital and new radiation oncology and proton center.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Faculties and Degree Programs
Sixty-four (64) bachelor’s degree, master’s, doctoral, professional, and specialist degree programs is offered by UAMS through its six faculties:
- Colleges of Medicine
- Health Professions
- Public Health and Graduate School.
UAMS is capable of leading the health care improvement in the state based on its combination of education, research, and clinical programs.
The university assets include:
- A great connection of area health education centers
- The Translational Research Institute
- A comprehensive rural hospital program
- The Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
- The Donald W. Reynolds Institute on Aging
- The Jackson T. Stephens Spine & Neurosciences Institute
- The Harvey & Bernice Jones Eye Institute
- The Psychiatric Research Institute
- The Myeloma Institute for Research & Therapy
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Acceptance Rate
The UAMS acceptance rate is 20%. This acceptance rate tends to favor in-state applicants more than out-of-state applicants, which is something to take note of, as an applicant when applying for the university.
A minimum of 2,800 applicants compete for one of the 174 spots available yearly.
Rankings of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
|#39||Best Medical School by US News & World Report for 2022.|
|#35||Most Graduates Practicing in Primary Care Fields|
|#75||Best Medical Schools: Research|
- The University was the first medical center in Arkansas and among the first in the nation to implement a star rating system for physicians at UAMS.
- UAMS has the only adult cystic fibrosis center, the only high-risk pregnancy program, and the only kidney and liver transplant program in the state of Arkansas.
These are some of the rankings UAMS has achieved over the years. They have accomplished a lot of innovative feats and are pioneers in several fields and surgeries. Like the clinical researchers at UAMS that performed the first outpatient bone marrow transplant in the US, as well as the first gene therapy for multiple myeloma in the US.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Admission Requirement
The basic requirement needed by the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences are listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any major
- Prior application to UAMS
- Be an Arkansas resident and US Citizen or Permanent Resident (I-155 card)
- MCAT score of 490 or greater
- Undergraduate Cumulative GPA of 3.7 or greater
- Completion of MSPH application essay
Applicants not selected for admission, but meet the criteria for social/economic/geographic disadvantage will be invited to consider applying to this program at the end of February.
This application is openly free for all Arkansas resident interested in medical school. Applicants who fall into one or more of these categories will be given preferences:
- Under-represented minority.
- Social, economic, or geographic disadvantage.
- And students have already applied to the UAMS but haven’t been admitted.
UAMS Timeline for Admission
|Application opens||March 1, 2022|
|Application deadline||March 31, 2022|
|Applications evaluated by Committee||April 1-12, 2022|
|Final decision letters mailed||April 15, 2022|
|Classes begin||May 24, 2022|
|Fall Semester begins||August 8, 2022|
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Tuition Fees
|Undergraduate tuition fees for 2020 -2021 academic year|
Table above shows the 2020-2021 academic year, the undergraduate tuition fees at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences are $8,236 for In-state residents and $15,976 for out-of-state students. As for the 2021-2022 academic year, the estimated tuition fees for UAMS are $8,175 for In-state residents and $15,809 for out-of-state students.
|Graduate tuition fees for 2020 -2021 academic year|
Table above shows the Graduate School tuition fee; the in-state resident tuition fees are $9,462, and out-of-state tuition fees are $17,652 for the academic year 2020-2021. As for the 2021-2022 academic year, the estimated tuition fees are $9,490 for In-state residents and $17,689 for out-of-state students. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences tuition fees are paid annually.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Scholarship Options
1. College of Health Professions Scholarships
The College of Health Professions (CHP) Literacy is made possible by generous donations from the periodic CHP Phone-a-Thon crusade. The number of periodic awards is dependent on the plutocrat raised during the phone-a-thon and is given to only scholars in the College of Health Professions.
The total quantum of$ will be given to the named pupil (s).$ 500 is paid per semester for fall and spring semester registration, and both new and continuing scholars can apply.
To be eligible, the aspirant must have a accretive GPA of at least 3.5 and be at least a part- time pupil (6 SC or further) during each of the semesters awarded. Preferences will be given to scholars who have completed 12 or further semester credits of CHP professional coursework. Apply for the scholarship here
2. Lynn Coates and Caroline Coates-Nelson Endowed Scholarship
This education scholarship was established in honor of Lynn Coates and Caroline Coates-Nelson in 2016. This education is used to profit only scholars in the UAMS College of Health Processions Audiology and Speech Pathology programs.
Literacy for new and continuing scholars enrolled in the Speech-Language Pathology program (no Audiology scholars)
The total quantum of$ will be given to the named pupil (s).$ 1000 is paid per semester for fall and spring semester registration, and both new and continuing scholars can apply. The award will be made before the end of the spring semester for the following academic time.
To be eligible for this scholarship;
- Applicant must be accepted as a part-time or full-time student pursuing a degree in the Audiology and Speech Pathology Department.
- Academic achievements and financial needs will be strongly considered. Apply for the scholarship here
3. Speech-Language Pathology Scholarship
- This education program is made possible by former fundraising events specific to the Speech-Language Pathology program.
- The total quantum of$ 400 will be given to the named pupil. The total quantum is paid completely during the fall semester registration, and both new and continuing scholars can apply.
- The scholarship is for Speech-Language Pathology scholars only
- The applicant must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and be at least a part-time student (6 SC or more) during each of the semesters awarded. Apply for the scholarship here
4. Craig Gilliam Medical Laboratory Sciences Scholarship
The Craig Gilliam Medical Laboratory Lores Scholarship was innovated by Mr. Craig H. Gilliam to help support Medical Laboratory Science scholars’ fiscal requirements as well as academic merit. Mr. Gilliam is actually an alumnus of the medical laboratory science program and serves as a member of the council’s premonitory board.
The total quantum of$ 500 will be given to the named pupil. The total quantum is paid completely during the fall semester registration, and both new and continuing scholars can apply.
The education is for Medical Laboratory science scholars only.
To be eligible;
- The applicant must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 and must be a full-time student in the Medical Laboratory Sciences program in the College of Health Professions. Apply for the scholarship here
Guidelines on UAMS Admission
The following guidelines will help give you greater chances of getting admitted into the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
1. Extracurriculars activities.
Join a school band, a sports team, or another group activity. If the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences prefers music heavily, for example, then try to join an organization related to that topic.
2. Become a Volunteer
Little Rock has lots of ways to be involved beyond just the council. The university prefers aspirants that are good ministers for the academy. They want scholars who can give back to the original community and the wider Little Rock area in general. The university wants to know that you’re a precious and contributing member of their community. You’re further than test scores and grades, and they want to see that.
3. Teacher Recommendations
Try to have a teacher that you like or you do well in their course and have them write a recommendation letter for you. It will greatly help with your application process.
4. Early Application
Apply Before the Deadline. Numerous scholars stay until the last day to submit their operation, and so much can go awry during this precious time window; plus these scholars won’t have enough time to go through their operation duly and correct whatever miscalculations could have happened.
Since a lot of scholars are applying on the last day, it’s indeed possible for the University of Arkansas for Medical Lores’ own system to crash. Don’t risk the stress this can beget, strive to submit your operation a many days beforehand.
FAQs on the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences 33,167 64,037
How much is the tuition at UAMS for four years?
For the scholars admitted in Fall 2021, the estimated education for four sessions is $33,167 for in- state residers and $64,037 for out-of- state scholars. This estimation excludes inventories, books, and living costs before entering any fiscal aid.
What is the average GPA for getting into the UAMS?
A minimum of 3.1 should be kept.
How many medical schools are in Arkansas?
There are only two medical schools in the university;
- The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Some Search Suggestion for university of arkansas medical school Acceptace rate
- university of arkansas medical school requirements
- uams medical school acceptance letters
- university of arkansas medical school average gpa
- university of arkansas medical school tuition
- university of arkansas medical school average mcat
- university of arkansas medical school ranking
- uams acceptance by districts
- uams medical school gpa requirements