Check Your BVN On Any Network: Most of us don’t know our BVN off hand, some of us know by putting it in paper, while some of us need to visit the bank any time we need the BVN number. Some might mistakenly or erroneously misplace the phone or book it was saved or stored.
This article will guide you on how to check your BVN on Mtn, Airtel, 9mobile, and Glo lines using a phone.
What is BVN?
BVN is the Bank Verification Number, which is an eleven (11) biometric identification number in the database of the Central Bank of Nigeria used to link to an individual’s different bank accounts.
The BVN is a specific number that is own by an individual which links to its financial institution as mandated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The BVN helps Central Bank of Nigeria to reduce fraudulent activities in the banking system in Nigeria.
Every account holder is required to have a Bank Verification Number which is linked to all their bank accounts.
An individual can only have one BVN, which links all your bank accounts.
The following information is stored in the Bank Verification Number: photograph, fingerprint, and other relevant information (For example, name, age, date of birth, and so on) in the database of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
On completion of the registration for the Bank Verification Number, you are required to link it to all your accounts.
How do I get my BVN?
Each person is assigned a unique 11-digit variety necessary for the registration of customers in Nigerian banks. The number of your account does not matter.
In any case, you will have to create solely one BVN to which all financial data will be tied.
The eleven digits are quite a combination of various numbers, It’s not a problem if you have forgotten your special number. There is a simple code to check BVN.
How to Check BVN on MTN
- If your BVN was created using your phone number. To check your bank verification number dial *565*0#. Then your BVN will be displayed on the phone screen for you.
- You don’t need an internet connection to check your bank verification number.
- Though the service costs #20 naira on the
- • Check BVN on MTN 2021
Please don’t share your BVN with anybody. Keep it safe and away from scammers.
How to Check BVN on 9Mobile
If you registered your bank verification number with a 9mobile phone number.
Below is how to check your BVN on 9mobile.
- Make sure the phone number linked to your BVN is active. Dial *565*0# on your phone, no internet connection is required.
- You will be charged #30 naira for this service once it is successful.
- Wait till your bank verification number is displayed on your screen.
Don’t forget, keep it safe, and don’t share it with anybody.
How to Check BVN on Glo
To check your bank verification number on phone using the Glo network operator, dial *565*0# on the phone number you used to create your BVN account.
20 naira will be charged from your account balance
Wait till the 11 digit number displays on your screen.
How to Check BVN on Airtel
- Airtel network service will cost you #20 naira.
- The airtel number must be linked to your BVN account.
- To check your BVN using airtel, dial *565*0#
- Wait for your 11 digits bank verification number to display on your screen.
Note: Don’t share your BVN details with anybody, keep it secured and safe.