Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Application | Applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships are now being accepted from eligible students.
All students are eligible for this fully financed award, which is provided by the Irish Research Council.
Concerning Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships
Launched in 2012, the Irish Research Council is governed by the Department of Education and Skills.
Supporting research across a range of disciplines and career phases is the organization’s main goal.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, offered by the Irish Research Council, supports master’s and doctorate candidates in any field who have the necessary qualifications and are engaged in or plan to engage in full-time research.
Benefits of Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships
A fee contribution, up to a maximum of €5,750 per year, including non-EU fees.
Direct research costs of up to €2,250 per year are allowable.
See Also: Indiana University Undergraduate Scholarships Application
Requirements for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
1. Hold a bachelor’s degree with first- or upper-second-class honors, or the equivalent, in a relevant field.
The Council may grant a provisional offer of a scholarship if the results of the applicant’s undergraduate exams are unknown at the time of application, provided that the scholar’s bachelor’s degree or comparable degree outcome is a first class or upper second-class honors.
A scholar must hold a master’s degree if they don’t already have a first class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
The Council’s assessment of a candidate’s suitability based on these requirements is final.
2. The applicant cannot have submitted two rejected program applications in the past, including those including strategic partner themes.
3. Applicants for research master’s scholarships must not currently hold or have ever held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship;
4. Applicants for doctoral scholarships must not currently hold, or have ever held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship. This includes applications since 2010 to the EMBARK Scheme previously run by the Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering and Technology and the Government of Ireland Scholarship Scheme previously run by the Irish Council for Humanities and Social Sciences.
Read: DAAD Postgraduate Studies Application Update
5. Depending on their nationality and place of residence, applicants will fall into one of two categories.
Candidates for category one must fulfill BOTH of the following requirements:
a). being a citizen of one of the following: Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, or a member of the European Union
b). have spent three of the five years leading up to October 1, 2021, ordinarily residing in one of the following countries: Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, or a member of the European Union.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Application Application Deadline
October 21, 2022.