Applications for the Griffith University Top Up Scholarship are now being accepted from qualifying students. This scholarship is available to all students supported by Griffith University.
About Griffith University Top Up Scholarship
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander HDR candidates who are currently receiving an eligible stipend scholarship and are enrolled in an HDR program at Griffith University are eligible to apply for the Indigenous Australian Higher Degree Research (HDR) Top Up Scholarship, which is intended to offer them additional financial support.
This article outlines the requirements for eligibility and the terms that apply to top up scholarship awardees.
- Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship Application
- University of Alabama Scholarship Application Update
- University of Liverpool Postgraduate Scholarship
Benefits of Griffith University Top Up Scholarship
- Students often receive the Top Up scholarship to cover any difference between their stipend scholarship and the Griffith University Indigenous Australian Postgraduate Research Scholarship. It has an annual value of up to $10,000. (GUIAPRS). The honorarium for part-time candidates is up to $5,000 per year.
- Every two weeks, the additional scholarship will be deposited into a bank, building society, or credit union account. Unless a scholar is already enrolled in the program, in which case payment will start on the date mentioned in the offer letter, payment will start as soon as study begins.
- As indicated in section 2.1b, the Top Up scholarship shall only be given along with a primary stipend scholarship if one is already in existence. This Top Up scholarship will still be awarded even if those stipend payments are increased, decreased, suspended, or stopped entirely.
- Under the Income Tax Assessment Act of 1997, a full-time university student who receives a scholarship may not be required to pay taxes on that income. The scholarship recipient is in charge of figuring out any tax liabilities associated with their prize.
Criteria / Griffith University Top Up Scholarship Requirements
- Those who identify as Aboriginal Australians or Torres Strait Islanders and who are recognized as such by the community with which they are connected may be eligible for awards.
- Recipients frequently receive or have previously received a Griffith University Postgraduate Research Scholarship, an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship, or another stipend scholarship that pays a lower rate than the Griffith University Indigenous Australian Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
Griffith University Top Up Scholarship Application Deadline
The application deadline for this scholarship is Not Specified.