How to Block Unknown Numbers on Android: Blocking unknown numbers on an Android phone has been made easy with this article. The Google default settings provides the option to block unknown numbers on Android.
However, since the Android world is of a heterogeneous nature, there’s no one way of blocking unknown numbers on phones from different manufacturers. Different skins and interfaces have distinct ways through which you can block unknown numbers on your phone. Having said that, this guide will help you get rid of unwanted callers to some extent.
This article will give you detail steps on how you can block an unknown number on your Android phone. We are beginning with the steps you can take if you have a Google Pixel phone or a handset with the Google Phone app installed.
It comes pre-installed on phones including the OnePlus Nord 2 5G and various Nokia smartphones. You can also download the Google Phone app on your Android device from Google Play.
This article also provides ways to block unknown numbers on a Samsung phone and a Xiaomi model.
- How to Share Google Photos and Videos
- How to Preview WhatsApp Voice Message Before Sending
- How to Connect Noise Smartwatch With Phone
- How to Reset iPhones Without a PC
How To Block Unknown Numbers On An Android Phone With Google Phone App
The steps to block unknown numbers on an Android phone that has the Google Phone app installed are outlined below.
Check below to see the step-by-step guide;
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap the three-dot button from the top-right side of the dialler search bar.
- Tap Settings and then Blocked numbers.
- Turn on the Unknown option.
Note: The word “Unknown” in an Android phone does not fully represent numbers that are not saved in your contacts. This is in contrast with that of the iPhone, and is meant specifically for calls that surface on you caller ID as ‘private’ or ‘unknown’.
How To Block Unknown Numbers On Android Phone From Samsung
The steps to block unknown numbers on a Samsung Android phone are outlined below.
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap the three-dot menu and then select Settings.
- Tap Block numbers.
- Hit Block unknown/ hidden numbers to block private and unknown numbers on your phone.
How To Block Unknown Numbers On Android Phone From Xiaomi
Outlined below are the steps to block unknown numbers on an Android phone from Xiaomi.
- Open Phone.
- Tap the three-dot button from the search bar.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Tap Unknown to block all calls from unidentified callers.
SN247 Team is always available for questions on any of our updates. Please use the comment section below.