Setting up Hide My Email requires a subscription to iCloud+.
How to setup Hide My Email – Hide My Email is a feature provided in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 which hives you access to hide your personal email address from people you wish to.
Its a feature that gives Apple devices sharing options, random email addresses that users can use on websites and apps asking their personal email address for signups.
The random addresses help forward emails to your personal mailbox with the capability to delete them at their choice of time.
Safari, Mail, and iCloud settings works very well with Hide My Email by doing this directly.
This article, will give you a simple guide on how to use Hide My Email on your smart device.
It is notable to know that, the Hide My Email feature is a part of iCloud+ — as it is a monthly subscription service.
It is a service that can be signed up using an Apple ID. Hide My Email, unlike Sign in with Apple, allows users to have randomly-generated email addresses that can be used anywhere.
This service can be deactivated at any time.
HOW TO SET UP HIDE MY EMAIL
Firstly, as earlier mention above, you need a iCloud+ subscription on your iPhone or iPad, to set up Hide My Email.
- Go to Settings
- Tap your name from the top.
- Select iCloud > Hide My Email.
- Tap + Create new address – allows Apple to generate a random email address with @icloud.com which links you to signing up on a new site or app, without letting the developers know your personal email address. The emails shared with the randomly-generated email address will land in your personal inbox.
- Select Continue if you like the auto-generated random email address.
- Otherwise, you can tap Use different address to get a new email.
- After this, create a label for your address to help you remember how you are using it in the future. You can also add a note for further reference.
- Tap Next from the top-right side.
Your random email address will now be set up for use.
You can just copy it from the Hide My Email settings when you want to use it on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Manage email Address Created Using Hide My Email
You can also manage randomly created email addresses using Hide My Email. Check below to see how you can do that easily.
- Goto Settings and then tap your name from the top.
- Select iCloud
- select Hide My Email.
- Tap the label that is related to the random email address that you want to manage.
You can change the label of your address, add note or delete the address by selecting the label option, tapping note and tapping Deactivate email address respectively.
Hide My Email has been active on Apple devices since the release of iOS 15, and iPadOS 15, but the release of iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 has expanded the feature to the Mail app, enabling Apple device users to create random email address for a direct use while sending email using the preloaded app.