Unlock iPhone With an Apple Watch: Apple’s Face ID unlocks iPhone automatically by scanning your face. But, with the Covid-19 pandemic which one has to wear a face mask, it won’t work perfectly with a face mask. Although a traditional fingerprint or Touch ID sensor can do this, but there is a turn-around if you own an Apple Watch.
Connect Apple Watch to iPhone
The authentication handoff process is similar to how Mac possessors can unleash their computers using Apple Watch. As long the Watch’s on- device cinch screen has been unlocked, and the device is within Bluetooth range, you can bypass the Mac’s login process.
For security reasons, not everything is accessible on your iPhone when uncorked using an Apple Watch. For illustration, you can not authenticate Apple Pay or App Store purchases using the Apple Watchworkaround.However, you ’ll have to enter your Apple ID word or lock screen passcode, If your iPhone ca n’t fete you using Face ID.
How to Turn on Apple Watch Unlocking on iPhone
Let us take a look at the steps involved in unlocking your iPhone with your wearable Apple watch.
Note: You must first connect your Apple watch to your iPhone, with your passcode set up on its lock screen.
Now, you have to enable a setting on your smartphone. Start by opening the “ Settings ” app on youriPhone.However, swipe down on your home screen and quest for it using limelight Search, If you ca n’t find the app icon.
Next, swipe_down and tap on the “Face ID & Passcode” option.
Authenticate yourself by typing in your lock screen passcode or password.
Toggle on the “Apple Watch” setting found under the Unlock with Apple Watch heading.
A pop_up text will come up with more information about the feature. Tap the “Turn On” button to finish enabling the feature.
How to Unlock Your iPhone with Apple Watch
- With it unlocked and within several bases of your iPhone, swipe up on your smartphone’s lock screen as you typically would when using Face ID.
- So far your iPhone detects that you ’re wearing a mask, can see part of your face, and authenticates with your Apple Watch, it’ll unleash. A notification on your wearable will jiggle to let you know you unlocked your handset.
- still, you can hotre-lock it by tapping the announcement’s “ Lock iPhone ” button, If someone took your iPhone and managed to unleash it using the authenticated Apple Watch on your wrist.
- If someone stole your iPhone it wo n’t be suitable to unleash it again using your Apple Watch. As an preference, you ’ll have to enter your shoo-in screen passcode or word manually.
You can now put on your Apple Watch and enter the wearable’s lock screen passcode with the above setting enabled.
I hope this article was helpful, as it can guide you on how to unlock your iPhone with Apple watch.
Some search suggestion on How to Unlock Your iPhone With an Apple Watch;
- How to unlock iphone with apple watch without passcode
- Apple watch not unlocking iphone
- Iphone unlock with mask without apple watch
- Apple watch face id unlock
- How to unlock iphone with mask
- How to unlock apple watch
- Iphone unlock with mask not working
- Face id with mask update